How to get primary custody of your child

There are five ways that your name can be changed legally. A name can be changed in a civil action, paternity case, marriage, divorce, or adoption. For your name to be changed, there are certain documents that are needed. Documents such as your birth certificate, address and birthplace are needed.

To change the name of a minor, the guardian or parent of the child must sign a petition. After the petition is filed, you will receive a court date. At the hearing the judge will ask if all information is true. If someone prepares name change papers for you, make sure it is either yourself or a licensed attorney. If a child is born out of wedlock, there are two ways they can have their name changed. Names can be changed by court order or by acknowledgement of paternity. With adoption, the name can be changed by writing the name in the final decree.

If you are an individual that is wanting primary custody of your child, Martin Law Group can you help. We help reasonable people redefine their family. We are currently offering a free family law consultation for the month of April.

Please follow and like us: